Thursday, October 17, 2013

Post #10A - Short Film Proposals

Here are my rough ideas for the short films I would like to do:

   Pothead - So it's not as bad as you think. This is an idea I have had floating around in my head for a while of an animation I would really like to do. To main "protagonist" of this proposal is a zombie named Pothead. No, it isn't because he is a stoner. He gains his name from the rusted pot that he wears on his head for protection. He is a semi-sentient zombie who is just trying to make it by in the post-apocalyptic world where he is a constant target of terrified humans. He is only semi-sentient because he can think for himself and make simple decisions, but he does still posses a hankering for brains.

There are plenty of reasons why I really want to do this animation, mainly because zombies, but I also want to try animating a character who doesn't do everything smoothly or with much coordination. The slouched and lethargic movements of a zombie seem really challenging, and fun, to animate and present a whole new range of interaction with challenges and the environment. Another thing I want to do with this idea is make an asymmetrical character, where he may be missing a limb or have skin slouching off of his skeleton.

My second idea isn't as developed as Pothead, but it's something.

   Untitled - With this animation I would like to do something along the lines of my idea for the first project with improvised mechanics. I want my character to be built out of found parts. This will be challenging because I want to take advantage of the different moving parts. I want different parts to have a different manner in which they move and how they affect each other. I would also like to experiment with removable or lose-able parts.

With this set-up, the characters main challenge will be trying to keep himself together, literally. There may be events that cause him to lose parts of him that he will have to gather up and reattach to his body.

So there we go, some basic ideas that I would like to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment