Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Post #11 - Short Film Research

So here are some of the things that have inspired my idea for my short film:
Zombie! The base for my character design is very much inspired by the zombies in the game Plants vs Zombies. These zombies are clumsy, slow, and pretty stupid. I really like the idea of this kind of character - one who isn't very coordinated and is fascinated by the simplicities.

I want the basis for my environment to be a mix between these two types of towns. I want the rural small town feel but based in the apocalypse; overturned cars, overgrown plants, and general lack of upkeep showing that there haven't been inhabitants there in quite some time.

I know that zombies and the apocalypse can be very overused, but it is something I have always wanted to try my hand at and I feel I could try some challenging and interesting things in animation with this setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment